Bridge and tailpiece for bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dezisapunk, Nov 20, 2020.

1. dezisapunk

dezisapunk

Oct 8, 2019
    I wanna make a Gibson style bass, but I wanna make it have a tailpiece and bridge just because that’s one of the things that screams Gibson to me.
    But I cant find them.
    Do they exist? If so, can someone toss a link below.
    Thank!

2. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    447C0C28-EDEA-4A92-9C5B-793C7EECA17A.jpeg Gibson themselves did an LP bass with either a copy of a Warwick bridge & tailpiece or a Warwick sourced bridge & tailpiece which I really like 1) the feel of (having enjoyed the feel of a few Warwicks) 2) the look of and 3) the intonation wiggle room afforded by the longer throw as compared to the T-O-M.

There is usually Warwick hardware available on eBay.

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. Basvarken

Basvarken Commercial User

Dec 3, 2010
    Velp Rockcity
    Amateur Luthier / Gibson Bass Book
  5. Basvarken

Basvarken Commercial User

Dec 3, 2010
    Velp Rockcity
    Amateur Luthier / Gibson Bass Book
    Duesenberg also has bridges with separate tailstop. They even have them for five string basses

the-bridge-of-a-duesenberg-dbass-5-bass-guitar-during-a-studio-shoot-picture-id147194421.jpg

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021