1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge Ashtray?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Nappa, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
  2. they look cool.

P1010001.

3. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota

Other than that.

4. aww come on what more do you want?

seriously though back in the day they were supposed to stop hum as a type of shielding, these days there purely decorative tho. i rest my thumb on the pickup tray when playing finger style and my hand on the bridge cover when playing with a pick

5. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    thanks

6. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Also, they used to have a foam in the bridge cover that was used to mute the strings for that muted thumpy sound.

7. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    Main advantage is they get in the way of your right hand, at least they do for me. I can't imagine trying to slap with a pickup cover on. They look pretty boss though.

8. i love the jazz bass ones, i popped one on my jaguar and its in just the right place to rest my forearm on when i slap and it looks cool

9. Taurus

Taurus

Feb 2, 2001
    I like the looks, impossible for me to play on though. I had both on a p-bass at one time and had to take them off...which leaves unused holes in your bass.