1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge brand?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassguyky48, Nov 27, 2018.

1. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    Anyone know who makes this? Hipshot?

Attached Files:

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    NOT Hipshot. It does look like their vintage bent plate, Hipshot's quick load design is very different though. Take a look at the black one.
    5C400_COVER_800x.
    After owning one quick load bridge, this sort of design is the only one I'd consider for future use. Here you can plug the bridge hole with a golf tee and keep that string from flopping around when installing. With slots, controlling the string is more of a challenge.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    bassguyky48 likes this.
  3. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    A type of copy? Chinese made? Thanks by the way!!!!

sissy kathy likes this.
  4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    ...modified and replated?

bassguyky48 likes this.
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    sissy kathy likes this.
  6. Axstar

Axstar

Jul 8, 2016
    East of Eden.
    The slightly blobby appearance of the chrome plating, and big rough countersinks, suggests 'cheap Chinese' to me.

7. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I was debating on those countersink holes, if they were hogged out due to poor manufacturing or done by using the wrong screws for mounting. If due to manufacturing, it's definitely not a Hipshot.

Axstar likes this.
  8. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    The whole plate looks handmade or very crudely machine made or butchered by someone trying to clean it up.
    Irregular radi on the corners, the slots appear to have been finished with a hand file as does the entire perimeter of the plate, the D saddle intonation screw is off an RCH where it passes through the backplate, the bends are not straight or uniform, and the countersinks appear to have been done with a regular drill bit rather than a countersink.

9. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I have a bridge that had tiny screw holes and I decided to enlarge the countersink with a large drill bit and wound up just hogging out an irregular mess like that. I am not proud of the result.

fhm555 likes this.
  10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    As long as it works and no one is grading your work... :D