Bridge Builder and other engineering games.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dudemeister, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Hi,
    I'm a huge fan of the Bridge Builder series (with Pontifex and Pontifex 2). These must be some of the best and most addictive games ever created...

Are there any other good engineering games such as these?
  2. What the hey! No pontifexes out there?
  3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I've never heard of them. You got a link, or can you explain them? If it's what I think it is they sound cool.
  4. The concept of the game is to build a bridge wich has to support a passing train. At the first levels the gap is very short and you can support the train with fairly simple constructions but as the levels get harder you have to build more and more complex constructions.

The physics of the game are very realistic so you often have to use real bridge constructions to complete a level. Of course you can finnish each level in different ways and when you complete a level you can optimize the bridges to be as cost effictive as possible if you want to.

One warning though. The game is highly addictive and I've introduced this game to friends who have sat up all night trying to finnish one bridge.

The first game "Bridge Builder" is in 2d and the hardest in the series. The second game "Pontifex" (in 3d) is the easiest, but the least fun. "Pontifex 2" (also in 3d) is of course the most advanced game in the series and the most fun. (Just my opinion...)

This site is really good:

The Creators of the games:

Pontifex 2
    Pontifex 2
  5. The bridgebuilder game was neato. Beat the demo pack in a lickity split time. :D
  6. Hehe, yeah, The demo is quite easy, but the last levels where you have to build these gargantuan triangle grid meshes to support the weight of very long bridges over deep water are very hard. At least for me...
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What about Lego's?