Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bridge Buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by moxshyfter, Jan 19, 2002.

1. moxshyfter

moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey peeps, Im new here, and Im havin some bigtime troubles with my bass
    I play an Ibanez Ergodyne 705 with an accu-cast b25 bridge system in it
    the problem im having is regarding a buzzing sound im getting from the bridge when i slap the strings firmly....
    i get a slight buzzing noise...its not the string, its not the spring
    ive tried adjusting the action, and the intonation both...nothing helped
    anyone have any clue as to what this might be??
    i really appreciate any help i can get
    thanks a lot
    Mox
    lpbrown@iastate.edu

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    does it buzz when you play fingerstyle or with a pick? Or buzz when you play and open string, or only when you slap? Does it buzz on all strings or just one?

3. moxshyfter

moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    its only when i slap it fairly firmly....i cant get it to do it with my finger alone, and i dont play with a pick so i wouldnt know that.....
    i just have no clue what it could be...its the same sound my brothers acoustic guitars truss rod made when it was loose, but i know that isnt it....

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    try to use a lighter touch when you slap. You may be smacking the strings a bit too hard causing them to hit the frets and create a buzz.

My logic behind this is: its not happening when you play your bass fingerstyle. If it were a setup up problem, id think youd get the buzz when you play fingerstyle as well.

But as always I could be wrong.

5. moxshyfter

moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    yeah i know what youre sayin
    this isnt a big problem, cuz the sound doesnt come thru the pickups or anything....i just wanted to stop it before it got to be a problem that i couldnt handle myself
    maybe its cuz i have to keep my amp down too and i just wanted to hear myself better.....kinda like beethoven, how he used to break piano chords cuz he wanted to hear em so badly, but he couldnt lol
    thanks man ;) i appreciate it