1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bridge Buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by moxshyfter, Jan 19, 2002.

1. moxshyfter

moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey peeps, Im new here, and Im havin some bigtime troubles with my bass
    I play an Ibanez Ergodyne 705 with an accu-cast b25 bridge system in it
    the problem im having is regarding a buzzing sound im getting from the bridge when i slap the strings firmly....
    i get a slight buzzing noise...its not the string, its not the spring
    ive tried adjusting the action, and the intonation both...nothing helped
    anyone have any clue as to what this might be??
    i really appreciate any help i can get
    thanks a lot
    Mox
    lpbrown@iastate.edu

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    does it buzz when you play fingerstyle or with a pick? Or buzz when you play and open string, or only when you slap? Does it buzz on all strings or just one?

3. moxshyfter

moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    its only when i slap it fairly firmly....i cant get it to do it with my finger alone, and i dont play with a pick so i wouldnt know that.....
    i just have no clue what it could be...its the same sound my brothers acoustic guitars truss rod made when it was loose, but i know that isnt it....

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    try to use a lighter touch when you slap. You may be smacking the strings a bit too hard causing them to hit the frets and create a buzz.

My logic behind this is: its not happening when you play your bass fingerstyle. If it were a setup up problem, id think youd get the buzz when you play fingerstyle as well.

But as always I could be wrong.

5. moxshyfter

moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    yeah i know what youre sayin
    this isnt a big problem, cuz the sound doesnt come thru the pickups or anything....i just wanted to stop it before it got to be a problem that i couldnt handle myself
    maybe its cuz i have to keep my amp down too and i just wanted to hear myself better.....kinda like beethoven, how he used to break piano chords cuz he wanted to hear em so badly, but he couldnt lol
    thanks man ;) i appreciate it