1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge cover won't fit on MP Jaguar bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mizzou541, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    I just picked up a MP Jaguar Bass and I bought a J bridge cover to put on and it doesn't fit. When I slide it on, it makes contact with the bridge before it is on far enough that one corner doesn't hang over the edge of the guitar. I've read that the cover should cover most of the bridge pickup just leaving a small part (basically just the screws) visible and I can't even get close to reaching that.

Are there different sizes of jazz bridge covers or will it simply not work? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    Oh and despite all the warnings I read on here I was excited to see what it would look like on the bass so I quickly slid it on and scratched the finish near the bridge. Now I HAVE to make a bridge cover work to hide those scratches. :(

Any tips for trying to buff out scratches in the finish?

3. Try bending the cover slightly. Or you could swap the bridge for a non high mass version.

4. Can you post pics of the damage?

5. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    mizzou541,

Sorry to hear about the beauty marks. I think the bridge covers are the same size. I think you would need to go to a smaller (traditional) flat-plate Fender bridge to make the cover work.

All the best,

Bob

6. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    RQ325Gh.