1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge for SX 5 string J bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rjr225, Mar 23, 2009.

1. rjr225

rjr225

Nov 23, 2008
    ma.
    Hey,
    I'm looking for an AFFORDABLE upgrade to the stock bridge on my SX 5 string.The exisisting bridge is aprox. 2 9/16 " total string spacing.I'd like something w/ a little more mass and sustain.Something that is adjustable might be good too.Unfortunatley, the Badass 5 won't work. Any reasonably priced suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    The short time I had my SX, I was going to get something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHROME-5-STRING...hash=item110337938784&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

seems much better than the stock bridge, yet inexpensive. Not sure if you need to drill new holes or not. If you look around, you can find a few different string spacings. The one I posted above has the same 16mm spacing. This one has a bit more, perhaps 17mm:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Chrome-Heavy-Du...sidZp1742.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1742.m153.l1262

3. damagebassist87

damagebassist87

Feb 24, 2007
    That's the same bridge I got for my SX 5 string. The string spacing works and the bridge is of pretty good value. The only real downside is that you will need to have new holes drilled. Most techs should be able to do this for a fair price.

4. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Schaller roller bridge - perfect upgrade bridge for SX 5'ers, IMO. :)

5. rjr225

rjr225

Nov 23, 2008
    ma.
    Thanks for the advice.The price is definatley right and i'll prob. get one soon!