1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bridge grooves

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by supersean, Oct 13, 2006.

1. supersean

supersean

Oct 3, 2006
    vancouver
    i was looking at the badass bass II bridge and from the pics it looks like theirs no grooves in the saddles for the strings to sit in so does that mean when i buy it i have to cut the groove for the saddles if so how do u do that is it hard or easy?

2. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    this has been discussed quite extensively - do a search and you'll find enough reading for an entire evening ...

yes, you need to slot the saddles - even the Leo Quan website notes that this is required

yes, this is easy to do if you know what you're doing and have a couple of the right tools. I'd recommend you visit a local tech who is experienced with slotting BAII saddles correctly, pay for the job to be done but observe the tools used and how it was done. this will pay-off on any future installs you may do

all the best,

R

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021