1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BRIDGE HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by modulus603, Mar 27, 2006.

1. modulus603

modulus603

Mar 17, 2006
    i have a ibanez gsr200 and it has some cheap korean bridge:crying: .now when i tried reducing the action the screws wouldnt budge:mad: .so i am stuck!
    is a BadAss2 compatible with a ibanez gsr200??:help:
    i read a review about the BadAss2 at www.bgra.net "Leo Quan

I give Leo Quan credit for making the bridge with the coolest nameout there: the BadAss and the BadAss II. The BadAss is basically abeefed-up bent metal bridge that replaces stock Fender bridges. TheBadAss II is a more adjustable model that is not a stockreplacement.

Lots of people love these bridges, but I am not a fan. For a stockreplacement of a Fender bridge, the BadAss does a nice job. But theBadAss II is not clean looking enough, it's not a quick-loadingbridge, and the saddles must be slotted at install. These are brasssaddles that ride on grooves slotted in the base plate. The ability to custom slot your bridges buys you some flexibility, but also gives youthe opportunity to screw up the saddles."
    what do the terms quick-loadingbridge , saddles , slotted at install , custom slot ?:confused:

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Take the bass back. The GSR bridge is not the most high end bridge there is but it adjusts easily with the right tools.

You could probably get a Bad Ass to fit on the Ibanez but it would require some carful drilling for new mounting holes. Depends on how handy you are.

A haven't found any advantage to quick loading designs. Makes string changing a bit faster but how often do you do that?

The GSR bridge also intonates just fine.

3. modulus603

modulus603

Mar 17, 2006
    Any other bridge i can put ? any suggestions ?

4. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    Well, whatever you do, don't trust that review. The BA is anything BUT a bent metal bridge, and it is NOT a direct replacement. The BAII IS a direct replacement for a five hole Fender bridge.

But you do have to slot the saddles on the BAII.

I would have someone look at your current bridge and see if you can get it adjusted.

5. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    If you can't take it back to a dealer, try a little penetrating oil on the screws and let it sit overnight. I have loosened stuck truss rods with this stuff, it just might help. Two things will help loosen a stuck screw/bolt (assuming it really is stuck and not bottomed out), vibration and/or some type of penetrating oil. If you can get a hex wrench or screw driver onto the screw, apply twisting pressure and tap the wrench/screwdriver lightly with a small mallet--might also break it loose. Might also snap it in two or further screw things up, you'd have to be careful. Try some oil first.

Billy-Bob