1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge Jazz Pickup with 62P + Wiring Options

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by vibhas_2310, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Hi,

I've been playing a really nice 50's P for over a year now and I love it. I truly 'get it' now about the P bass.

Having said that, I miss the articulation of a bridge pickup and want to route the bass for a bridge pickup. Now I searched earlier threads and found that with regards to a 62P pickup, one guy didn't like the Dimarzio Ultrajazz. Has one added a bridge pickup to a bass with a 62P? And does anyone have any specific recommendations?

Also, regarding the wiring, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. bump. Anyone?

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    the dimarzio area J is a good choice, it sounds damn close to vintage while not having any hum, and will blend nicely with a vintage-style P.

4. acebase62

acebase62

Jun 29, 2010
    X2.

Dimarzio Area Js sound great, I'm currently using the 4 string and 5 string versions.

Fender Super 55s also sound great, maybe just a little more punch than the Dimarzio Area J (in my recent 1st time experience with the Super 55s).

Area Js use alnico 2 magnets, Super 55s use alnico 5 magnets.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015