1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge modification.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mike M., May 20, 2011.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I have a Fender MIM Deluxe Active 5 string Jazz bass and the strings are top loaded.

Are there any replacement bridges that would allow me to modify my bass so I could load the strings thru the body?

I've searched a few sites but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

2. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    That's what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Just curious, why do you want to do this mod? Top loading is much more convenient.

4. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    The complaint I have with my bass is how loose the low B and E string feel. I've even tried differant brands of strings but that hasn't helped. As of lately I've tried out a few differant Jazz basses (American Deluxe series) where the strings are thru the body and I can feel a definate differance with the low B and E. It's not a huge differance but enough to where the tension on the strings is much, much more to my liking.

It's amazing how differant some basses are. I also have an Ibanez SR505 (top loaded, 34" scale) which came with Elixers and that's what I continue to use because the tension is perfect with the low B being nice and tight. Thought I'd try the same strings on my Fender (34" scale also) but no luck with the low B and E.