Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bridge mono connection

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt_dutyfree, Aug 20, 2004.

1. I just wanna try and sort this out because i'm worried about playing with lots of watts and expensive cabs...

My power amp has a seperate speakon for bridge mode if i hook that up to one 8ohm cab thats fine... but when i want to add another 8 ohm cab whats the best way to do it??

I'm assuming I can just daisey chain the 2 cabs with a regular jack speaker cable, I'll be putting out max watts into 4 ohms.

Thanks for any help!

2. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    you can either daisy chain like you were saying. that will give you 4 ohms. or you could build your own cable with a speakon on one end spllt to two of whatever you need to plug into your cab. the speakon connecter makes changes like this easy beacause it comes apart and goes back together so easy. just make sure that you have your speakers running in phase with each other.

3. awesome thanks!

is there any disadvantage/advantage with either way??

it seems daisey chaining would be simpler because it doesn't involve changing connectors??

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'd just daisy chain...that's what all the jacks on the back of the cabinets are for.

I presume that your power amp is rated for bridging into 4 ohms...

5. yea it is!

thanks for confirming for me!!!