1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge on Sterling by Music Man SUB 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kingmixer325, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Kingmixer325

Kingmixer325

May 25, 2017
    I’ve got a Sterling by Music Man SUB 4 on order & wonder if other owners are happy with the stock bridge or recommend replacing it.
    Maybe a bit premature to consider but just looking for a little feedback - thanks in advance!

2. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    There is good news and bad news. The good news is that the stock bridge, while perhaps not the sexiest bridge out there, is perfectly adequate, and there are no significant advantages to upgrading it. The bad news is that if you do decide you want to upgrade, there are no real drop-in replacements for this bridge, except clones which may not perform as well as the existing one. My advice would be to leave your bass as it is, and upgrade your bass to a Ray34 or even an EBMM Stingray a few years down the line when you feel ready for it. The SUB Ray4 will make an excellent backup bass.

3. Kingmixer325

Kingmixer325

May 25, 2017
    Thanks very much for your advice, Jakob - Merry Christmas!

4. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    My pleasure. A Merry Christmas to you as well!