Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bridge options advice please

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by nick_uk, May 8, 2005.

1. nick_uk

nick_uk

May 5, 2005
    i am restoring an eary 80's j bass with a walnut/ash natural finnish waxed body (the neck is a bolt on)). the 2 options for the bridge i have considered are a fender thru body system or a badassII. any advice or additional options appreciated. thanks.

2. nick_uk

nick_uk

May 5, 2005
    before i commit and go with the thru?

3. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    BAII is over-rated, IMO. Personally, I like string-thru.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    What about one of the Gotoh 206's from Warmoth. Look good (never used one myself, but may soon) and can to string through. Postage to Blighty from the US should be reasonably modest too.

5. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I'm about to buy the MK III bridge from ETS Bridges. Their Tuning Fork bridge would be good for what you are needing. They seem very high quality and really aren't that hard on your wallet.

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I have one of these in gold I got as a partial trade, new and unused. Very nicely made, but not the colour I want. Thanks for the link; now I can order a black one.

7. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I have a price list in .pdf that I got from another member on the forum. If you want, shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send it to ya.