1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bridge Pa Question............

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JetBlackJazz, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I'm using a bridgeable power amp (in a pre/pwr setup) with 2 channels going into the power amp, if I bridge using 1 output, do I get both channels going in the PA into the speaker?

2. This depends on the amp, and its set up.

More info please. :)

3. The pa is a Crown XLS 1500. It's bridgable using speakons.

My plan is to go into a mxr m80, dirty into a pre into the PA (ch1) ||| and the parallel/clean into a chorus directly into the PA (ch2). Would going into the PA with 2 channels and bridging it into one speaker give me both input channels into the 1 output? (gluing my sound back together)

4. Regardless of how the signal is sent to the power amp, you need to send it one signal. You will need to send both your signals to a mixer, mix them, then send a mono signal to the amp. I havnt used your power amp, so I dont know off the top of my head how you set it up in bridge mode. For my IPR I send a mono signal to one channel, then use a patch cable from the "through" out to the other channel.

The way you send the signal to your amp is probably different, but I expect sending different signals to each side while in bridge mode isnt going to work.

5. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
  6. Makes sense, kind of.

7. I can't do the patch thingy.

8. You dont have to, that was a partial explanation of how I bridge with my IPR. You wire the speakon as explained in the manual, then change the settings to "Bridge Mono". You send it one signal, it amplifies one signal.

As a follow up question, what cab(s) are you using that you want to bridge your amp?

9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Is what you are calling a PA a stereo power amp??