1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge PU to go with Nordy SingleCoil P-bass pickup.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stflbn, Mar 12, 2009.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I'm having a custom 5-string '51 TelePbass built by Rod at Regenerate Guitar Works. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522819

In the neck will be a custom wound Nordstrand Single Coil P-bass pickup.

In the bridge will be a Nordy Fat Stack, or Big Split in a Bartolini P2 shape. (was considering a dual-coil, but opting for these other two as I'm told they're more aggressive)

What I'm pondering is as follows:
    The neck pickup will be for a more vintage and older tone. The bridge pickup however needs to retain a more modern aggressive punchy tone while keeping a good relationship with the neck pickup.

I'm currently playing a J/MM configuration prototype Schecter with custom Kent Armstrong pickups in it and it has a quite modern sound to it playing fingerstyle and I find I'm using both pickups together full.

Any thoughts on which Nordy pickup would best accomplish what I'm explaining as my needs?

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Heh... I probably should have named the thread "Recommend the best P-bass pickup", or "how bad do EMG's suck" to get some attention to the thread.

:-O

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Ask Carey Nordstrand, he'll know better than anyone here.

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I/we are... just thought it might be interesting to get the input of others who may have used the pickups in question.

5. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Copy-pasted info from the Nordy forums:

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Follow-up... went with Fat Stacks.