1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bridge replacement for Samick PJ 5 string bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Palta_Bass, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Palta_Bass

Palta_Bass

Mar 29, 2018
    Hi! I have bought a Samick bass 2 months ago. Good tone, smooth at playing and fits very good for a small hands guy like me hahaha.

I was thinking about getting a new bridge cause' the actual one is quite old and rusty. The thing is that i don't really know which buy, I was looking for a Omega Bass bridge, but i'm afraid that part of the bridge can be out of the body, same with a hipshot kickass :(. What do you say guys? I need options about which bridge can I buy:(

20180328_232643_Richtone(HDR). IMG_20180318_181032_008. 20180328_232659_Richtone(HDR).

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  3. Palta_Bass

Palta_Bass

Mar 29, 2018
    I'm thinking about that too... But, there's a way to change the bridge tone/color? To make a kinda gold-ish or brass-ish finish? Like when you change wood's tone.

Also i want to buy an wilkinson bridge, take off the brass saddles and put it on the samick bridge plate