1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bridge replacement: Good Fender type?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave120, Feb 21, 2006.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Well after much thought on the subject of which bridge to put on my SX, I decided not to go with the BADASS II for a couple reasons.

I don't mind the weight thing, and while it might give better sustain according to some, i don't think I really need that. I also don't find that it would be worth 3x the cost of a normal bridge since i'm very happy with the sound I'm getting from it already.

I think i'm going to go with a standard Fender type, in black of course, but my question is which one? I know this subject has been covered before, but searching for Fender type bridge gives me a million threads that are unrelated.

I was looking at the ones offered by guitarelectronics as a "vintage style" Fender replacement bridge. Has anyone had any experience with these, or one of the similar ones offered on ebay for about $20? I thought also about the "heavy duty" one but it has a 4 corner hole pattern and I'd like to avoid making any new holes, although I guess it's not that big of a deal. The SX bridge seems adequate for me for now and I figure none of them will be lower quality than that one right?