Bridge replacement: Good Fender type?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave120, Feb 21, 2006.

1. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Well after much thought on the subject of which bridge to put on my SX, I decided not to go with the BADASS II for a couple reasons.

I don't mind the weight thing, and while it might give better sustain according to some, i don't think I really need that. I also don't find that it would be worth 3x the cost of a normal bridge since i'm very happy with the sound I'm getting from it already.

I think i'm going to go with a standard Fender type, in black of course, but my question is which one? I know this subject has been covered before, but searching for Fender type bridge gives me a million threads that are unrelated.

I was looking at the ones offered by guitarelectronics as a "vintage style" Fender replacement bridge. Has anyone had any experience with these, or one of the similar ones offered on ebay for about $20? I thought also about the "heavy duty" one but it has a 4 corner hole pattern and I'd like to avoid making any new holes, although I guess it's not that big of a deal. The SX bridge seems adequate for me for now and I figure none of them will be lower quality than that one right?