Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bridge Replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Flea Claydirnt, Apr 10, 2001.

1. I'm still looking for a good replacement bridge for a MusicMan stingray copy. Notduane was helpful in helping me discover the origional Badass should work but I was wondering if there was another bridge out there that looks more like an actual stingray bridge that would perform just as good (or better) than the Badass. Does anyone know of anything?
    Maybe there are some tuners that would improve the sustain and clarity also.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Well you're dealing with an instrument with "bad bones," a knockoff. A neck-through is the best sustain machine I have.

Perhaps a band-aid, like a Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer would help. It's advertised to also give you more clarity as well as sustain and you'd still have the box if/when you sell your copy, instead of giving away the extras you put on the bass.