Bridge saddle nightmare

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JordyLegend, Jul 26, 2013.

1. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    So my bridge saddles on my p bass and have been a on and off issue for awhile now. I have taken my bass in for setups repair etc but I keep getting that same damn rattling sound. I now just want a new bridge and be done with it. What would you guys recommend I want a high quality replacement bridge money is not of issue. I also need something that will accommodate string through body design. Thank you :)

2. new fenders high mass bridge are pretty awesome & good looking and string through body design!

3. Are you certain the bridge is causing the issue? Also, you might try posting this in *setup & repair* :)

4. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    Ya I'm positive it's the bridge and my bad

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
  6. I like the pseudo retro look. Too bad it's not string-through.

7. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    I also forgot its a newer bass so it has 3 string holes so I'd need something like the badass 3 bridge but I can't seem to find them anywhere but on ebay.

8. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Let a professional take a look at it.

9. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    bridge rattling?
    this is generally a "spring too short" issue, letting the spring move around.
    when this has been an issue for me, I've been able to just swap them around from saddle to saddle to get that cured.

10. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021