Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bridge saddle question...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by thetaurus, Jan 3, 2004.

1. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    so my bridge saddles and screws are all rusted. so when i change my pickups, i'm getting a pro setup, and i was going to get a new bridge for my mia jazz. just another stock bridge, but then i realized that i don't need to spend $60 on a new bridge, when all i need is the saddles. so what would you suggest for the saddles. i'd like the idea of single slotted saddles so that i can just string it up, but i want to make sure that the strings will go correctly over the pole pieces, and i want to make sure that i can have the string spacing where i want it and leave it that way. what would you say?

2. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    the thing is, is that it's an mia fender jazz and i like the fact that i can string through the body. so i'd like to keep doing that.

3. This is just my opinion: If the sound you were getting with the old bridge is fine and your just trying to make it look all shiney and new, more power to you. But if you're going to do anything with the bridge don't just change out the saddles do the whole bridge and get something heavy duty, like the Leo Quan Badass Bass II bridge. It adds a little more mass, sustain, and clarity, also not to mention, it looks real professional. Anytime I've had a bass that I wanted to do anything with the bridge that's the one I'd use. It has no pre-cut slots for the strings (you do that yourself after it is installed) so you can make sure your strings line up correctly on your neck and pickups. I put one on my Mexi-Fender Jazz (along with EMGs) and let me tell you I freakin' love it. Check it out. :bassist:

4. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    again...i like the fact that i can run the strings through the body. the saddles and screws are rusted and i can't adjust the intonation or action because of it. that is why i want to change them. not for a difference in tone.