1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge saddle set screw for P Lyte

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JimmyM, Mar 11, 2009.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Does anyone know what size set screws are in the bridge saddle height adjusters in a P Lyte? It's a little set screw with a hex head. One fell out and I need to get some more. I really should just get a new bridge instead because this one's crappy.

2. I think you just answered your own question.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    No, a new bridge will cost way more than a package of set screws. So I didn't just answer my own question. It's crappy but it works enough.

4. are they black or silver?

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    They're more of a bronzeish color, very dark, and the edges of the threads have little reddish-silver highlights and...

I have no idea what the color is. I guess they're black. I just need the size.

6. Have an ACE hardware nearby? They probably have plenty to choose from...you can bring the bass in and find which ones fit.

Then hit each with a drop of clear nail polish as you screw it in - they won't fall out any more.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Ace doesn't carry them, nor Home Depot or Lowe's. Went there yesterday and forgot to ask what size I need. That's why I posted this thread...in case someone knew offhand or had a P Lyte and could measure them so I don't have to go back there to ask.

8. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Have you tried contacting the (I'm assuming) friendly folks at Fender?

9. Dang. if I knew the size and thread, I'd tell ya. I'm no darn help at all! :crying: