1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge Screw

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by umbrella, Sep 25, 2008.

1. umbrella

umbrella

May 12, 2008
    Catonsville, MD
    I don't know what forum this belongs in....

Anyway...I was adjusting the action on my Schecter Elite 4 and on of the screws that locks the action in place got lost in the process. It's black, very small and about 1/8th of an inch. I watched it fall into a rug of almost the same color. I tried to shake it out, I tried combing the rug, and I tried a magnet. Nothing. I need a replacement and my local music shop only had longer screws (about 3/8th of an inch) that hang way off the bridge.

Help?

2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Any hardware stores nearby?

You don't have any tools that you can cut down the longer one with?

3. umbrella

umbrella

May 12, 2008
    Catonsville, MD
    Good call on the hardware store. I didn't think of that.

And I am a dufus when it comes to tools so I wouldn't know what to use or how to use it. 2/8th of an inch is pretty small for a novice... I'm guessing a dremel, but again, I couldn't use it probably. Time to learn...

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    have a magnet? That might pick it up.

Dan K.

5. umbrella

umbrella

May 12, 2008
    Catonsville, MD
    Magnet did not work.

I did come across this site though: www.stewmac.com which seems to be an excellent site. Check it out if you haven't.

EDIT: The bridge I have is a hipshot for a four string by the way.