Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bridge spacing/Neck size of Pedulla 6 strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by winston, Mar 4, 2006.

1. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Hi, I was hoping someone could provide me with the specs for Pedulla 6-string bridge spacing (both string-to-string and total would be helpful).

Also does anybody know if their 6ers have always had this spacing? Only reason I ask is some of their info from the 90s says both 5s and 6s are available with 17/19 mm spacing, now the info on the Pedulla site seems to say the 6s are narrower spaced.

Additionally, what's the "feel" of a Pedulla 6 neck? I've found Roscoe and Modulus 6 necks to be just too wide. I prefer the skinnier Ibanez kind of profile, F-Bass and Cirrus are also kind of in between. My Pedulla Rapture J-2000-5 is the best neck I've ever felt and I'm hoping the Pedulla 6 isn't way bigger.

I will try to contact Pedulla after the weekend but there's a bass I'm considering getting before then. Thanks for any info!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Pedulla 6 neck will feel pretty similar to your Rapture. The neck is the thing that I miss most about the Rapture J2 fiver that I used to have.:(

Pedulla did offer 19mm spacing as an option for several years. If they have stopped offering it, that is news to me.

3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Thanks, Embellisher. A beautiful cherry-top ThunderBolt 6 is on its way to me. I'm not too big on buying basses without playing them first, but the price was too good to pass up and I really dig every Pedulla I've tried.