1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge Troubles Again

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Al Cheatham, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Me either...

2. DC Bass

DC Bass

Mar 28, 2010
    Washington DC
    Glad I got that out of the way a few years ago! ;)

It only happens ONCE, right? :D

Joe

3. Savage Sounds

Savage Sounds

May 21, 2015
    Hey James Condino, when you mention rosin to get the bridge to stay put do you mean rosin meant for a bow? I'm having bridge issues & have seen the same rosin tip mentioned in another thread or 2 on here also & I just wanted to clarify before trying myself. Thanks in advance!

4. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    Yup. Just rub a little bit on the bottom of the bridge feet and it will give you just a bit more grip and help the bridge stay in place with those slick old nitrocellulose fnishes. ' Picked that one up at The Oberlin workshops!

As for the no breaks comment...tread lightly and be careful of what you are bragging about or you might jinx yourself! My bass world is rowdy bars and late nights and drinking and smoking and who knows what else and beautiful people bumpin' and grinding all night long and LOUD music coming from the band and lots of load ins and load outs and tiny little crowded stages and tiny tiny tight little distracting dresses...trying to do all of that with a giant, fragile, 6' tall vintage wooden instrument, so yeah, things break all of the time....and as a repair dork, my pile of broken necks and parts is almost large enough that soon i'm going to have a bass bonfire!;)

J.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    s2bs2 and keiranohara like this.