1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge Upgrade Eligible?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Iwalkedin, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Iwalkedin

Iwalkedin

Apr 4, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] This is my Washburn Lyon P-Bass that I kind of want to put a new bridge. I have no problem doweling and drilling new holes but I'm just not sure if a new bridge will work because of the recess up at past the saddles. Also I measured it up against a regular Fender bridge and it was a little smaller.
    b9av5z.
    2u9mopg.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Don't know WHY you want to upgrade, but check out high mass bridges with side rails. Here's an example a bridge with side rails:

KSM_Bridge_Attachment_Screws_Pattern.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  3. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Measure the footprint of the old bridge from the imprint on the body, or the old bridge.

Shop ebay, as there you can get the measurements of the plate for most all the bridges avail. Find one that matches.

The recess doesn't look too deep, and many people seem to have to (1) shim the neck, (2) file/grind the bottom of the saddles, (3) recess the bridge to get the strings low enough on their basses, but you're already there, so that's good.

4. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    Check THIS out! :thumbsup:

5. I think any other bridge will need a bigger footprint. The base of the current bridge is very narrow, it just about the same width as the 4 saddles...

6. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    Apologies. I was informed these would be available by "The end of February." Sorry.