Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bridge.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Well I posted this in luthiers, but then realised this is probably a more appropriate place.

What will upgrading the bridge on my cheaper bass do to the bass? Will it help the action(fretbuzz), tone, tuning? Any noticiably difference? I am mainly looking to reduce fretbuzz.

2. its probably working fine, i guess i just need a wicked high action on this thing because its already high, and I am getting buzz... Its funny though becausesometimesthe uzz only happens on occasions, but when it does it goes like crazy... probably because my fingers aregetting creased...

I think i'll just file the frets down a little myself... that should stop some buzzing...

3. STOP! Don't touch your frets just yet.

First, look at your neck and make sure that it is adjusted properly. Also if its a bolt-on make sure that the angle is correct in the neck pocket.

Read all the threads here about adjusting your neck. And please, leave the fretwork to a pro.

4. cool thanks i'll check it out.