1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridged mono question????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nico3535, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Nico3535


    Mar 8, 2006
    If a pwer amp says that when bridged mono it puts out les say 1200 watts @ 4ohms, then can it send al those 1200 watts to one 4ohm cabinet???? Whats does the bridging actually mean, do you have to do something to the amp or should it have a switch or something of the sort. I'm trying to build a pre/power rig and i have no clue on how!
  2. Tony G

    Tony G

    Jan 20, 2006
  3. Justice


    May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    bridging is when you combine both sections of a stereo power amp into one output.

    Check your amps documentation for the proper way to set it in bridged mode.

    Most amps with also require you to connect your speaker cable differently for bridged operation. If you have banana jacks you would use the 2 + (red) jacks in bridged mode. (as opposed to using a black and red 1+ 1- )

    If you have speakon outputs like my Behringer EP1500, you can wire one end of a speakon cable to use the 1+ and 2+ positive terminals to connect to the output on the amp. Ususaly in bridged mode you would only use one output on the amp and only one of the input gain knobs as well.
  4. Nico3535


    Mar 8, 2006
    Thanks fellas, i just went on the crown site and learned exactly how it works. I remeber a few months back before i got on TB i all that stuff was mumbo jumbo to me and now its all slowly starting to make sence!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.