Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bridged mono speaker cable considerations?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zemaitis, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Zemaitis

Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    I will be running an older SWR SM-400 bridged mono into an 8 ohm SWR Goliath III and need to buy a good speakon/banana cable.
    I was looking at http://procablesnsound.com and as an option for the afore mentioned cable it lists "bridged mono" under wiring options. It seems as though I should get the option but I wanted some fellow TBers opinions on this first.
    I know a regular wired cable will work fine as I've been using a 1/4 inch/banana cable from my SM-400 to my Triad but wanted to see if any one could shed any light on the differences and benefits of the "bridged mono wired" cable, also in parentheses it say 1+, 2+ if that means anything.
    thanks in advance .

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    It just refers to how the speakon end is wired. Verify with your manual how bridged operation is supposed to be wired for your particular amp, then order that cable.

3. Zemaitis

Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    Thanks for your help! My bridged wired cable is on its way from www.procablesnsound.com, it should arrive the same day as the new SWR Goliath III. :)