Brief brag about Greg

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by VroomVroom, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Thank you, I knew I was a little off today....:D

2. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    3793655668_7d90e9835f_o.jpg

Wow, 3 straps at the same time! Glad you're posting those abominations over here rather than in our "friends" forum! :D

Jerry, I'm curious as to whether you've ever tried the strap bliss known as Moody? If so, what are your thoughts?

+ only about 1 million. .

3. What do you think these babies are attached to, dog of the poach? :eyebrow: :smug:

I have tried one. It was awesome. However, I didn't find it to be > 3x as awesome as the Smith straps, which is what it comes down to in terms of Samolians. I should probably preface this statement with, For the Money, but the Smith straps are the best I've ever used. My original one is 14 years-old now, and it's still in great shape. And, unlike a few others I've tried (including the Comfort/Sadowsky, which is also very comfortable), there are no issues with retaining the strap locks. They're still as snug as they were when installed. So, unsolicited referral here, for $36 each I can't recommend the Smith straps highly enough. Now, the basses, on the other hand... :D

The reason for so many straps....I'm lazy. :oops: I don't like to adjust when switching instruments, so I devote a strap to each bass.

4. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    I would like to try a Smith strap but I don't own a Smith bass, and the logo on the strap is kind of goofy IMO. Kinda like wearing a Ferrari hat and driving a Ford Pinto.:D

Same here each bass has a strap, makes changing a lot faster for me.

God Bless, Ray

5. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, Jerry's straps are on Roscoes, baby. I won't dare to say which I think are the Ford and which are the Ferrari in that situation...

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I have a different strap for each bass too.

Now the Smith straps do bring one really interesting question up.......

Where's all the Roscoe straps at?! :D

7. I started using Smith straps even before I owned a Smith bass. If I find something that works, I generally don't care what name it wears (although I confess I've considered removing the Ken Smith logo on the straps). These things are just comfortable...period.

8. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    +1 Paging NOLA's #1 Dodo:smug:

Jerry will have to explain his take. :D

But for me if I got a Smith strap I'd have to use it with a Fender:eek:.

That'd be my "Driving a Pinto while Wearing Ferrari:p "

I've never tried one, I just think It'd be goofy for me (not owning any high end basses). Folks might ask Where's your Smith? I'd have to lay down the old " My Smith's in the shop having an ebony thumbrest installed, Meanwhile I stole this Boat Oar:D" Either that or tell them the truth, which wouldn't be as much fun.:p

God Bless, Ray

9. I'm not a big fan of the man his own self, but I do like his straps. I owned a Ken Smith bass for a brief while - dug the aesthetics and the playability but not the sound. And unlike his instruments, I find his straps to be a very good value per dollar spent. I'll go no further so as not to take the thread any further off course. :D

Ray, I'll just say that, when I play my stepson's MIM Jazz bass, I wear a Ken Smith strap. In your case, I think folks would be more inclined to ask, "Nice strap - must be comfortable, huh?" If others are shallow enough to ask about a Smith bass, that's your first clue to excuse yourself and go talk with the lovely ladies who came to hear you play. :)

10. Allen_VA

Allen_VA

Sep 17, 2008
    Hokietown, VA
    Happens all the time! I use a Martin strap on my Jasmine (entry-level Takamine) acoustic guitar.

Oh Snap! Did I just post about a gui**** in a bass forum? :scowl:

At least the guitar came from Rocket Music (years ago, I believe) :smug:

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021