1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bright Strap is too bright for my bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fetusyolk, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    I didn't know if i should put this in the bass section or not, but i couldn't find any other section better suited, so please excuse me if this is wrongly placed. Well, onto the topic.

I pretty much just got a new Deluxe Active J Bass V (fender), and it's brown sunburst, a beautiful bass, of course i had to get locks and a new strap to fit these locks. i was looking for a plain black strap so it wouldn't draw the eye from the pure beauty of this bass. But the only straps they had that even came close were full leather, Being not of the carnivore type :smug: i try to keep away from the leather promotions as much as possible (even though that may be impossible completely when it comes to straps).

i ended up buying a planet waves strap with some cards and diamond/spade suites design on it. Generic, oh well, it had red so i figured maybe it matches a bit. (this is all aesthetic at this point). but to my dismay its way too bright. I've been thinking of spraying some black spraypaint over it but dont no if thatll maybe somehow absorb into the grain of the bass if it doesnt completely dry. Any suggestions of straps?

i know this sounds rediculous, but id really like to present this amazing bass with as much non-tackiness as possible. hoping my playing doesn't do this itself xP

2. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic

Apr 9, 2006
    At first I thought you were saying your guitar strap was effecting your tone.

3. Siegy

Siegy

Jun 28, 2007
    Central Neb.
    Why not just get a plain old nylon weave strap?

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Go with a Levy's Nylon strat. They have some thicker soft ones. (to me, leather is the only real comfortable option)

5. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    hahaha somehow i didn't see that planet waves actually had a plain black strap xP, silly guitar center not stocking plain straps.