1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brightest AND Least-Abrasive?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by takeout, Feb 10, 2013.

1. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Going on my soon-come fretless Stingray. This has a thin fretboard (non-slab), which I'd like to preserve as much as possible. At the same time, I want to get the zingy Pino-ish tone out of this thing. To that end, and after much reading in this very forum, I'm thinking Slick Rounds. Sound like a winner? Fretboard saver AND ear pleaser?

2. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    Not quite the piano tone you want, but I like chromes alot. I think any strings, not matter how piano-like on a fretted bass lose some of the piano sound when there's no frets under them...fretless just kinda goes "mwop"- no matter what- ime

3. lakefx

lakefx

Sep 14, 2012
    Eugene
    At the recommendation of bass strings online, I just replaced the chromes on my fretless l2k with GHS pressure wounds. I love them for just that round wound sort of punch while still smooth for my fingers and the board.