1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Brilliant CPR advert

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Vinnie Jones' hard and fast Hands-only CPR (funny TV advert) - YouTube

Vinnie Jones' hard and fast Hands-only CPR (funny short film) (full-length version) - YouTube
    (full version)

I thought it was pretty funny, and a catchy way of getting the general public to know the absolute minimum for such situations. Granted, IMO, everyone should have some level of first aid training.

I got mine via work and didn't think I'd need it, but have used it a few times (including pulling someone with a heck of a split head out of a canal!). So I'll also plug that, if you get the chance, take some first aid training, many employers will put you through it :bassist:

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Because i'm a lifeguard, i don't like how they teach this, but then i remember it's to people who really have no idea how.

So... I approve!

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I've been lovin' that ad since they started airing it. They should do a whole series with him.

4. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    On a serious note, some experts don't like this way of teaching because it focuses on the rate of the compressions rather than the quality (hence the broken rib comment). On an unserious note, very funny!

5. Aye, it isn't quite to the level of what pro's get taught, but for a 45 sec slot, it's done in a way that makes it pretty easy to remember the very basics. :)

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Fixed it for ya. ;)

7. If you didn't both work around water, that'd be a bad case of epic burn right there.

8. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    It's good, they are not 'proper' shady geezers though, they would be likely to do the decent thing and to go through your pockets first :)