1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brimstone Crossover Distortion Bass Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by loopee, Oct 23, 2013.

1. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
  2. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    very cool but 299 Is too much for a fuzz.

3. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Yeah $299 is a lot of $$......but it does pretty much any distortion you want...if I had more $$ I'd give it a try

4. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Indeed pricey, but it does sound pretty awesome!

5. David Beers

David Beers

Jan 2, 2013
    California
    Sales, Marketing, Design @ Brimstone Audio
    Hey guys, thanks for the kind words about our pedal. Yes, I know $299 is a lot, but it is basically four different circuits: two distortion pedals (one for each band), a variable crossover, and an output mixer. And, it's entirely analog and made in the U.S.A. Believe me, we did everything we could to get the price as low as possible, there's just a lot going on under the old hood there, if you know what I mean. We appreciate your consideration though!

Mr. Excane, a pedal reviewer on the web, did a terrific bass video review just last week. You should check it out, he really dialed in some great bass tones.

http://youtu.be/xItfn5_gxr4

Thanks again fellas ~

Darkglass likes this.
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Sounds pretty cool. it pretty versatile despite that the pedal is pretty pricey. but still, a cool sounding distortion pedal.

7. telecopy

telecopy

Dec 6, 2009
    USA
    This thing sounds great!
    With respect to the cost.. To me $300 is cheaper than another head or a stereo power amp, with the associated switcher and the other crap I'm sure can be justified because of upgrading to a bi-amp rig.
    It sounds really great. Can you send me or post a recommended setting for that Geddy Lee or Chris Squire kind of tone? I know some are sighing and rolling their eyes reading that! Just curious. Can it cop that mid-'70s tone Squire got? Very mid-rangey and grainy..
    I like it. Where are these being sold online?