Bring It on Lebron James!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FatFunker, Mar 6, 2003.

1. I have seen this kid on espn for the last 3 months Is anyone else getting as sick of him as me?

Anyways my point, I think My local basketball team could beat his team. I don't think they have a national finals tournament but if they did I think not only would they beat them but I don't even think it would be close. :spit:
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You're so right. He is WAY overhyped and it's absolutely sick to see him living the life that he's leading and to see that being encouraged by his family and friends.

On that note though, I'd be VERY surprised to see any high school player in this country that could contain him. He's truly an explosive, dominating player. Too bad he's surrounded by people telling him that constantly.

brad cook
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    He is overhyped, but your team can't stop him. Great school spirit though.
  4. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I honestly think my school's team could stop him. We're amazing this year. You want names? We've got Jerry West's son and the little (hehe... 7') brother of Pau Gasol. That said, I'm sick of hearing about him and his new Hummer H2 or whatever. Ten bucks says the kid will burn out before he makes it to the big time.
  5. No high school kid has ever had this kind of hype.

Is he mentally tough enough to handle it?

He isn't even the best HS player I've personally seen; that would be a certain man who goes by the name of Kevin Garnett. How's 29 pts, 17 rebs, 9 assists, 6 blocks, 3 steals a game as a senior sound??

Who the f*** cares about his personal life? DON'T YOU HAVE ONE, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! (talking in general; not to you guys!)

James' outside shot is as inconsistent as March weather up here in Central NY. (Seriously, I watched a game in which he was 9-34, with 3 airballs; and the next game he had 47 and shot over fifty percent.) Nowhere near Kobe Bryant's consistency as a senior in HS. His shot selection is even worse than the shot itself. Combining those two factors; seriously, I think next year he will have the lowest field-goal percentage of any starting player in the league. He also can't defend to save his life, nor does he care to expend energy on that end of the floor. His idea of defense is to ourscore his man.

Plus, will he be happy not being the #1 option next year? OK, if anyone thinks a 19-year old jumping from HIGH SCHOOL should be a team's #1 scoring option, give me whatever you are smoking.

Overall, he can be as good as he wants to be. Honestly, I think I'd love to see him fail, something I can't think I've said in a long time.

BTW, for future flamming: That whole "being jealous of James" thing doesn't hold water; by the same reasoning, everyone who is sick of any NBA player is jealous of him. So, we are jealous of every athlete we don't like? That's preposterous.
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

I'm jealous of Dennis Rodman.

brad cook
  7. Actualy my team is currently number 2 in the country behind St.Vincents (Lebrons Team). So I was not just being some my school is the best idiot.
    Actually Bill Walton called them " the greatest starting five " he has ever seen on a highschool team!!

The funny thing is the McQuaid team is all white goofy looking jewish kids (just like me:D ) But more importantly is My school did not go recruiting kids from all over the country like St. Vincets did.
    So if they ever do get to play I jot a hundred on my school:) :p
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Not saying your school sucks...I'm sure they're awesome if they're ranked no. 2 in the nation! However, I wouldn't be touting "Bill Walton said so" as convincing evidence. History says the man is a blithering, doting exaggerator.

brad cook
  9. Let me get this straight, Your picking on a man that wears a tie die shirt while smoking a piece pipe in his backyard teepee ? Yeah I guess your right

<holds head in shame and walks away>:bawl:
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well...I really wouldn't call it "picking on." I prefer to call it "truth-telling on." ;)

brad cook