Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bring your shotgun

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Scary.... but at the same time, kinda cool.

Have they shot one in various places to make sure head-shots are hte only thing that kills a zombie?

2. I'm glad I bought my Zombie Insurance while the premiums were low.

Mike

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whoa.

brad cook

4. That creeps me out. A lot. It sounds so much like the zombies that I always thought weren't real.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Probably, nigh but certainly fake. I mean, first of all check the URL, it's not BBC. Googling the terms don't bring up the article, nore is there any Google result for a General Ary Serey, and you can't get back to the article from the BBC website.

Shame. We could use more zombies.

6. I'm not able to find this from the actual BBC news site.

7. Huh, and to think Mum told me that I was wasting my time playing Resident Evil... we'll see who was wasting time when the zombies come.

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Hey Brad, Mike S, Why don't we gather up the AR 15's and head over there! We can make our contribution to solving the problems of the third world, and solve some ballistics arguments too!!! :D

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Hilarious. Almost had me going for a minute.

10. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Groovy.

11. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Ok. I'm just going to come clean with it. This is a joke. No zombies.

12. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    Well thats just too bad. I was realy looking forward to a war on zombies. My friends and I have a silly zombie contingencey plan. It's balically a short trip to the gun shop, then to loved ones homes to rescue them. Then turning a large shoping center nearby "The Hancock Center" into a fortress. It's got a Sears, an HEB, a Radio Shack, and other useful places with means of long term survival. We would basically live on top of the HEB and go on missions to get stuff.

Sounds fun huh. The only problem is that zombies are not real and it will never happen. Ever.

13. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    Wow, my dog smells like fish. Why is that? How can a dog smell like fish? Because it is a very specific smell. If anyone is wondering, she has never been around or eaten any fish and she is a beautiful, healthy, American Pit bull Terrier.

14. Am I the only one that doesn't see a zombie holocost as a real threat? Realistically, you'd have to be blind or immobile for a zombie to get you, and then what is that going to do? Create a bunch of blind and immobile zombies who can only zombify blind or immobile people who are really dumb.

Here is my zombie holocost survival tip: if you see a zombie coming your way, walk to the other side of the street.

15. BTW, am I the only one who knew it was fake right off the bat? You were all joking right?

16. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    They have power in numbers.

17. Yeah, in movies, but they did that just to make it scary. Realistically, blind and immobile zombies would not survive enough to gather. But it would be funny to run into one.

Hell, I bet that we could be having a zombie holocost right now and no one is aware of it.

18. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    Naw man, you must not be familiar with basic zombie behavior. Because if you were you would know that it is totaly posible in a major way, for real.

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Zombies rock. Too bad it's fake... and real "zombies", as Spankbass has said, are nothin like what the movies has given us. For shame...

Ray