1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bringing out the best!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andii Syckz, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    Hey, I have a rickenbacker 4001 copy and i wanted to know how i could get a similar sound to these two different types: I also have a digitech grunge distortion pedal(loud, low, mid, grunge), a zoom 506 bass(distortion's included are clean1, clean 2, fat, rich, drive, vintage, fuzz, thrash) and i run my basses through a marshall mb15 amp( 2 channels: modern-volume, compression. classic-volume, gain. all with EQ bass, mid, treble.

Clean:

What settings for amp alone will give me a nice clean sound to bring out a similar ric tone. And what setting should i use on the grunge pedal to obtain a distortion sound or what distortion on the zoom pedal should i use?

thanks

2. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    Off topic question Curious on the Digitech Grunge does it suck the lows? I'm looking to get another pedal.

3. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    suck the lows? do you mean does it lack in giving that bottom end edge? if so, no it doesn't. its great for lows anyway

4. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    I swear that cheap ol' GRUNGE pedal is GREAT for bass distortion!!!

5. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    it is. I love it great lil distortion box for me. I'm looking at getting an MXR EQ 10 band and a tech 21 pre amp. EQ's for my basses when i practice with my band(no amp how cheap is that) pre amp to give me more bite and grind out of my basses sound more darker and industrialized maybe

6. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    IMO, a Marshall MB15 (15 watts with an 8" speaker) isn't going to give you much low end or volume no matter how you set it or how many pedals you use.

7. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    I think he's got you there atleast get a 12" speaker so you can accuraetly hear the lows.

That or a cab you can plug into the Mashall you have now.