Bringing the energy to the crowd.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kato_kaylin, May 25, 2003.

1. kato_kaylin

Jan 14, 2003
    My band has a problem of losing peoples attention and not bringing energy. I think we can solve this problem by getting to crowd involved more and just getting more intense songs. The best songs to get our crowd involved are Ramones-Blitzkreig Bop, Rage-Killing in the name of, Judas Priest-Breaking the law, Hendrix-purple haze and fire, and Steppenwolf-Born to be wild.

What songs do you play that bring the heat to the crowd?
    What do you suggest we do?
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    We play all origanals except for a Cranberries cover and the crowd gets into us plenty! You just gotta play with emotion and feeling. Let loose. How do other bands youve seen get the crowd into it? What about the bands youre covering, what do they do? Remember function before fashion. Make sure what youre playing soudns good, that in itself can do the job.
  3. Look like you want to be there.

When I'm watching a show, I pay attention to whether it looks like the band wants to be there. Some bands just try to be 'cool' and stand around mumbling into the microphone. When I see that I immediately relegate them to the "sucky" column. Even if I don't like the music a band plays, if they're into what they're doing then I can enjoy them. Like old skool said, if the music's good and you feel it, and you want to be there playing it for the people, then they'll return the feeling.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yup...that's about it.
  5. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Double ditto....

I think theres a point where you're getting into it but you also look like your relaxed and enjoying yourself. And if it means you hit the odd bum note, so be it. The punters care more about overall vibe than playing everything note perfect (within reason of course).....
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Rock out and have fun!

You gotta enjoy yourself while you are up there, and make sure you enjoy the crowd too.

If you are on a fairly large stage, go out to the edge. Sometimes I go to the edge of the stage, get get down to the floor and sing along with the crowd. If you see someone with a camera pointed at you, give thema good picture and strike a rockstar pose or give em a good face. Ill also ocasionally crash into one of the other band members or just come right into eachothers face and zone into one of them and we'll just shout things back and forth while we rock out together.

The crowd usually likes good member to member interaction as well.

Depending on the crowd and style of music, lots of headbanging, jumping around, spinning, dancing, or just bouncing your head to the groove could all be the key.

Have fun with your performance and do what feels right.

7. kato_kaylin

Jan 14, 2003
    thanks a lot guys im sure that will definetly help us out. if u have anything else keep it coming.