Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Britpop rules

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Hootz, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Hootz

Hootz

Jul 1, 2001
    Hull, England
    I've heard rumours that Britpop is starting to take off quite a lot now in the States... is it coming out into the mainstream? It's so much better than nu-metal after all...

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I like Blink 182, Sum41, System of a down, etc I ALSO like Muse, Ash, Coldplay, Gomez, Blur etc I ALSO like U2 INXS Paul Simon etc I also like Oklahoma South Pcific HIgh Society Grease West side Story I also like 1812 Beethovens 5th 9th I ALSO like

Broaden your musical tastes its good for you...

3. Hootz

Hootz

Jul 1, 2001
    Hull, England
    I just don't like nu/death metal. I agree that Gomez rule, and I am really very fond of Jamiroquai, as well as enjoying classic punk (the Clash, the Buzzcocks). I like Dire Straits, and Five were the best thing since sliced bread. I do have a broad musical taste, but it's everything in moderation- I quite like 'Break Stuff' by Limp Bizkit, but I couldn't listen to a whole album all the way through. Each to his own.

Oh, and it has been good for me... it's so much easier to take the mickey out of other people's music when you can give evidence as to WHY it's all crap...

4. Coldplay's had a hit or two but I can't think of anyother Britpop-ers that are on the charts right now...Radiohead's pretty popular here, though.

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I live for britpop:
    Radiohead, Oasis, Blur, Supergrass, Coldplay, Portishead and Massive Attack (triphop) and many many more

6. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    :D

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Britpop is already dead again in Europe...

8. It's making a bit of resurgence in the indie scene, but more along the lines of stuff like Pulp, Suede, and Rialto.

I just wish Swervedriver would put out a new record...

9. Really? It's alive and well up here.

10. Yeah, but you have Sigur Ros, which is better than pretty much any britpop band currently in existence.

11. I can stand any britpop except for Blur. Sorry to all the fans, but I really cant stand them at all. they are the only band I refuse to listen to