1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Britten Pears Orchestra, Tafelmusik BI and other summer festivals

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by Beto, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Beto

Beto

Aug 1, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Has anyone taken part in the past in any of the next summer orchestras/festivals.

-Norfolk Chamber Music Festival.

-Verbier Festival Orchestra.

-Texas Music Festival.

-Tafelmusik Baroque Institute.

-Britten-Pears Orchestra and or BP Baroque Orchestra

How's the deal on each of them? Is it worth it applying? Can anyone give some comments about any of them?

Thanks! :help:

2. Hey! I did Britten-Pears. It's amazing.

3. mdwallace

mdwallace

Apr 1, 2010
    New York City
    In the past, Norfolk only uses bassists on an as-needed basis. If you were interested to apply for it, though, talk to the office there and maybe they would have someone there the whole time. I was there for a week this past summer, incredible place to make music!

4. mdwallace

mdwallace

Apr 1, 2010
    New York City
    P.S. If you're interested in a chamber music festival, check out Sarasota, they always include bassists.

5. Beto

Beto

Aug 1, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Do you know if the Chamber Music Seassion of the Pearlman Music Program takes any bass players?

Who teaches at Sarasota?

6. Magneto_Man

Magneto_Man

Apr 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Perlman doesn't take bass players (except for the Perlman program for high school kids which does).

But dude no one's gonna answer questions that you can look up on a website. like who teaches at sarasota

7. Beto

Beto

Aug 1, 2005
    Costa Rica
    I just checked, thank you.

And you're right. Was pretty late when I post the questions... my mistake...