1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brock Lestner vs. Kim Soo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tomis17, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    i don't know how many of you TB'ers watched the premier of Dynamite MMA this past weekend but what did you guys think of Brock Lestner's punch tap out of Kim Soo?

Impressive or weak opponent???

2. I missed it :( When is it on?? Any rebroadcasts?? Brock is a BEAST!! :eek:

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Lesnar showed that he knows how to pass a guard but his opponent was way weak. That was a terrible tapout rivaling the lameness of the tapout by that boxer that fought Royce Gracie in UFC 1...you know the boxer with one glove on?

I do think Lesnar has potential though. He had a great wrestling career in college and is a good athlete.

bc

4. Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It was on Showtime for the first hour and then Sports PPV the rest of the way. It was kind of gay for the most part but I was impressed by Brock considering how highly rated Kim Soo was. Brock took him down and got in Kim Soo's full guard and still submitted Kim Soo with a flurries of punches.

5. As Brad said, I'm gonna wait to pass judgement till I see him fight a quality opponent. One that will make him go rounds. I want to see what his stamina is like and what happens when he is hit hard.

That being said, he definitely has potential and I hope he sticks around so we can see him in a bigger fight.

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1

Let's see some real fights.

7. What does Lesner weigh??

8. Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'd say he's at least 250.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Weak opponent...he wasn't even being hit that hard! Still, Brock may go on to be a fine mixed martial artist, but I'll always snigger when I think that he was in the WWE....

10. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Why did he leave the WWF? he then went to play football for the Minnesota Vikings, not sure why he left there????? now this:meh:

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think he found the lifestyle exhausting and became jaded towards it.

bc

12. Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I think most of the wrestlers use the WWF/WWE as a starting point for their hollywood careers. Look at Hulk Hogan, The Rock, John Cena, etc.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I hope you're using the term "careers" loosely! :p

14. Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I guess spotlight is a better to put it. :D

15. Embryodead

Embryodead Inactive

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    the thing most people forget is Brock was an all star athlete in college, and he always had great stamina in the ring (both real wrestling and the fake kind) i think he'll do well his agility and speed for a man of his size will def benefit him.

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That's the key. A lot of super-heavyweights don't have the physical conditioning this guy does.

If he can learn to throw a punch and take a punch, he's a guy I definitely wouldn't want to step into a ring with.

17. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Does this mean you're willing to take him on in the mean time? :D

18. Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I don't know about Aaron but I would tap out even faster than Kim Soo if I had to step into a ring with Brock. :D

19. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I'd be tapping out while the ref was going over the rules!

20. Embryodead

Embryodead Inactive

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    yeah, i mean Brock really just looks like a beast. And for anyone who says blah blah Brock has so much weight on him blah blah watch Ernesto Hoost vs Bob Sapp i believe Hoost was light almost 100 pounds vs Sapp and he still broke three of Bob's ribs so he couldn't continue through a tournament.

I am willing to be by UFC 75 or so we'll see Brock again.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021