Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FearandLoathing, Feb 27, 2002.

1. I dont know how many of you have broke a finger since u played bass but let me say .................SUCKS REALLY BAD.... I have a god dam splint on my hand for the next 2 weeks and its on the hand I fret with which prevents me from playing ( I broke it playing basketball in PE and i thought i hated sports before):( :mad: :(
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Sorry about that man. I hope it heals up real soon. Take care of it!
  3. Dude, that blows!!! I can't even fathom what breaking my left hand would be like....sweet lord in heaven, the thought of it makes me want to crap my pants...
  4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Before I played bass,I sprained my wrist 3 times,im glad it was before i played bass.
  5. I broke my pinky once. I didn't play bass then, but it was BAD. I was playing football and someone threw me a pass, and I don't even like football that much, and I tried to catch it and my finger just sort of snapped. I had a splint for 2 months, but like I said, I didn't play bass, so it wasn't horrible.
  6. Oh yah? At least you didn't bleed out till you became pale :) I just put a 1/4" deep cut on the end of my left index finger today. It's split side to side. Only enough meat for 2 stitches. Table saw accident. Just an unlucky break, being as careful as I could. The blade grabbed the material, and my hand with it. Didn't get the bone or nail, so I'm actually very lucky. It just hurts very much so. And now it's bleeding again from (trying) to type.

My finger looks like hamburger. Beat that. You could prolly put 5-6 tic tacs in there, and close it back up. I have a pac-man fingertip!

But it'll be good to go in 10 days or so. I'll just start playing as soon as I can to get the sensitivity down.
  7. I'll try and get a picture of it, and put a link up. It'll at least help by letting you're not the only one having a very bad day.
  8. fine maybe your injury is worse than mine that sucks hope it gets better
  9. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Tufnuts...thats hella gross. Make sure you get some pics up, pronto. :D

I broke my pinky once playing 4 square. That game kicked my fingers ass. I had a cast up to my elbow for a few months. This was all before I played bass...thank God.
  10. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    :eek: This must be a conspiracy! They're out to get the bass players!! Arrrghhhh!!

:p I hope you heal up soon man!
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hmn...if you have one of those metal braces, you could play slide bass for a while!
  12. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    That sucks for both of you!

Get Well Soon!

13. least I can still play. But not very well.

That sucks about the hand. I've broken fingers/feet/knees/head before. It'll heal. And you're still young. You'll be good as new in 3 weeks.

Good luck.

PS. I really dislike pain.
  14. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've never been to the hospital except when i was born. I've never had a broken bone, stitches... I'm a lucky, non-clumsy bastard. :p

When i played baseball, in my last season, i kept on getting nailed by pitches for some reason.
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, well, i got you all beat. i lost 3/4 of my skull today, and let me tell you....mmmbmmmbmmmmmkllkafnm,anmngkljl.

16. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    "Stitches?!? Do you know how much that will cost?
     Just get the bleeding stopped. You're making a mess.
     So your wrist muscle's torn. Whaddya' need that for?
     Ya' hardly play anymore. No, I will NOT drive you to the
     drug store for band-aids...that truck is a stick-shift."

PBFH :D
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's what duct tape is for.
  18. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    man...i had my first broken bone at 9 months old...:eek: and twice more after that...the last time, 2 years ago, i broke my left arm....for the 3rd time....and the doctor didnt set it right...he said it would straighten out in about a i sit 2 years later w/ out full rotation and im limited to slim neck 4 stringers...:( ....but i still love BASS!
  19. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Thanx MacGyver ;)

As it was, I got some of them big ol' Telfa pads and
    some medical tape. Got the nicest glares from slack-
    jawed yokels who thought I'd tried to commit suey-cide :rolleyes:.
    And after writin' code for 3 or 4 hours, it started leakin' and
    got all polka-dotty :p.
  20. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Just make sure you don't cut the duct tape with a Swiss Army knife! Due to the Law of MacGyver(tm), anytime you cut duct tape with a Swiss Army knife it instantly turns anything you put the duct tape on into a bomb. You don't want to go blowing yourself up now, do you? :D