Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Broke! oh no!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Negative_Zero, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Negative_Zero

Negative_Zero

Jan 8, 2001
    i searched for an answer and found no previous thread so i will explain!
    during a show last nite i had to bend down to fix my pedal (adjust knob) so i turned the strap around, so my bass was on my back! well i bent over and my strap came undone and the body hit the floor then the head hit the floor and cracked from the nut right up to the tip, doesn't sound bad but it cracked right through the machine heads and man oh man it won't stay in tune! it is not i clean break it just cracked 3/4 of the way through! what can i do! i have no money to get a new bass right now and i have to play soon!

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    N.Z., It sounds like the tuner base may be about all that's keeping it together. I strongly advise you not to leave it tuned up. A split can sometimes run right on under the fingerboard. The truss rod channel makes it that much more possible for the split to run.

It shouldn't be hard to fix but you will get more response in the Set-Up section. I imagine the mod will move it anyway.:)

Pkr2

3. Is there anyway you can borrow a bass off a friend or a friend of a friend? That way you can play and also have a bit more time to nut out how to fix it.

I cannot really suggest how to fix it with out seeing a photo or seeing it in person. Good suggestion, to try Set Up.

Merls