Broke up with my girl friend

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TimothyGroovy, Mar 25, 2004.

1. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    I just want to find someone talk with me about this, I've broke up with my girl friend about two months. I just feel unhappy and disappoint. I have tried to spend more time on bass practice and make myself more busy to prevent think about her too much, but it doesn't work. I don't know how long of time I should take recovery. :( hope this topic won't bother you guys a lot.....
  2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    trust me man that bad feeling in your stomach will fade soon enough no matter how much you think it hurts....

improved by JMX
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah, sorry to hear about your lose, but 2 months really isn't that long ya know? you'll be over it soon enough.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    hey Paul, we really need a "Relationships and Dating" sub-forum

thanks in advance :)
  5. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    actully thats a good idea.

well man what can you do. it happens to all of us. i wish there was something else i could say but.... ya it just takes time. i know that doesnt help to much

P.S. or you could just go get you some from a random girl. :rolleyes: it works for some people
  6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

How come whenever one of these threads pops up, the person's birthdate who created the thread is never something like...1965, or....1950. :confused:

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You'd think that some of you replying were sprung fully matured, emotionally and intellectually from a test tube at age 20 with the single minded purpose of demonstrating your superiority. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as Bayou and Robot have said, time is the answer. Distracting yourself works to a point, but getting out and being around people is important.
  8. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    1965!!! that's way too old to be interested in woman :)
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    2 months isnt much.

Unless you were friends with this girl for a long time before you got together I doubt this pain will last long. Any pain you feel after a few weeks Id say is mostly loneliness and not really connected to that girl even though you might still miss her a bit.

I dont know man, 2 months just doesnt strike me as much. Ive spent that much time breaking up with a girl.

10. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Just look at this picture - it always makes me laugh! :D

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    we already have one!....

Talkbass Relationship Forum

12. write a song, and become a rock star.
  13. I think Anthony Michael Hall said it best when he said:

....can't hold their smoke...."
  14. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Theres two ways to deal with that feeling:

1. Mope about it.
    2. Get angry about it.

Break some stuff, set small fires, have one of your friends let you tell him off. It really does help.

Or write a piss poor song about it and get rich.
  15. flash41

flash41 Lost bassist returns.

The best thing is to get out among friends, instead of hanging around alone at home. I'm not saying go out and find another girlfriend right away. Just hang out with friends (male and/or female) and enjoy other aspects of life. You'll usually find a girlfriend when you aren't actively looking for one.

I've been married to a wonderful woman for almost 18 years and have three kids (a bass player, a percussionist, and a sound tech/roadie!). I can't count the number of girlfriends that dumped me over the years before I found the right one. I was married briefly before and also engaged two additional times. One fiancee spent two years breaking up and getting back together with me. I know it hurts, man. But believe me, it's better to have it not work out now than to be together for years, have a few kids, etc. and then break up.

The thing is, I learned a lot from those experiences. I'm not sure my marriage would have worked out if I hadn't have had those previous experiences.

Besides, think of all the great music we wouldn't have if everybody's relationships worked out on the first try!

Good luck, dude. Just hang in there!
  16. When I was in college I broke up with this rad chick. Best weight loss plan ever. I think I went from 153 to 127 in about a week. The "All Beer, No Food, I Feel Sorry For Myself" Diet.

I believe Sam Shepard said it best in "Roadhouse:"

"Hurts...Don't it?"
  17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...'cause by our age... we've learned to identify how a relationship is going turn out before it even developes. Not to knock Tim here, because ending relationships is a hard reality, no matter the age of them.

Sometimes the end is the only time there's real honesty.
  18. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I hate that forum :spit:

I shall now say something inspired by family guy.

How are you big guy? Its ok, Do you want a soda? Umm a soda? :D

How did I fall for that?

Doh! :oops:

Mike :D
  20. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

I been there though, cept it was 6 months for me... tis stinky.