Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Broken amp... can I rack it?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, Apr 9, 2005.

1. I have a Peavey Minx amp that was attacked by a knife to say the least. Anyways, the electronics are fine in it and I was wondering if I could box up the electronics so they are rackmountable and use it as a pre amp or EQ of sorts for my stack?

2. Not hugely knowledgeable about the Minx, they are the small practise amps???

If it has a speaker out socket, it could be possible, however you would need to isolate the wire that would normally attach it to the speaker.

And why would your amp be attacked with a knife, man???

I would defend my gear with my life, more likely me to take a knife than my gear :D

3. went jamming at some guys house... it was raining out so I said I'd be back for it in the morning...

Ends up that night, the guy gets arrested on drug related charges and isn't seen for a few months. (he was friends a mutual friend with some of mine. And I was told this a few days after when I couldn't get a hold of him)

Anyways, In that period that he was gone, someone ran around his apartement cutting up everything.

I got the knifed amp back and the guy is gone again.

4. Could I isolate it by turning those wires into an out jack?

5. so is this a bad idea in anyway? can I mess up my SVT4 PRO?

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    you have amazingly interesting friends, can i meet them?

7. I was new in town, and knew the guy a few months. Lesson has been learned.

won't happen again.