broken bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bsplyr54, Mar 20, 2001.

1. bsplyr54

bsplyr54 Guest

Mar 3, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    Just a few days ago i was playing my bass and a bunch of little kids came jumping around my pedals. THe next thing i know my bass crapped out on me. i thought it was my amp, but i hooked it up to my friends amp and it still didnt work. I hooked in diretly in case my pedals were messed up. It still didnt work. i opened up the back to see if a wire came loose but everything was in tact. i thought it was the battery, because it came loose before, and i resodered the wires to the things that hook into the battery ( i obviously dont know the name of it). i did use alot of soder, but i dont think that should make a difference. the wires were hooked into the correst signs ( black negative and red positive). i have no idea what is wrong with it. it is an ibanez ergodyne edc700 4 string. I hope you guys can help. thanks~paul
  2. check the wires that connect to the output jack of your bass, and the jack itself. maybe the kids jumped on the cord, and jarred something there.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Now that you mention it, Herm, I too am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. If we developed an attraction for each other, though, most people would think we were just a couple of gay men. But we'd know better, wouldn't we?
  4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Just an image of Bass + Kids:

That is a SR506 being "played" by my nephew.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

Cool pic. At least he's "playing" a cool six string bass, and not a wimpy guitar. Kids got the right idea!
  6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    He is left handed, thats why i put him the bass that way.. so he can feel more "comfortable"
    He will have some trouble getting good basses.
  7. red_rhino

red_rhino Gold Supporting Member

This is almost too obvious, (meaning you probably already thought of this and checked, but since you don't mention it) could it be your instrument cable that got damaged? From your description of what you've tried, it doesn't appear that you've isolated that.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

8. yes, we would.

strictly a bass playin relationship!