1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Broken BMS...Any where to send it for Fixin?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by selfblessed, Sep 10, 2008.

1. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    As the title states I have a broken BMS. It turns on but no audio passes through...effected and not effected. I have tried Electro Harmonix and they do not want to touch it(too old). I also emailed Analog man. That was 20 minutes ago...so I'll wait...he has been quick before. Anyways does any one have any suggestions of where else so contact to see if they can get this baby singing again? Or any suggerstions of what could be wrong with it...that maybe I can fix?

Thanks.

2. Open it up, carefully, and look for loose wires. That's about as much as you can do if you don't have any electronics savvy.

If it's a really old one it might be mains powered, which is very dangerous, so unplug it from the wall socket before you open it.

3. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Step on it harder; it may not know how badly you want it to turn out.

4. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah. Its got a built in power supply. Which is why I really want it to work. I have been looking at the schematics with my pappy. He knows way more about this stuff than I do. I am going to look at the leads again.

Spanky. I have been stomping the living spit out of this thing. No change. Hope the SEM is still working out.

5. Somebody might back me up on this one, but I though all BMS until recently had "cheap-skate bypass scheme" whereby the bypass switch ONLY switched the output jack. If this is so, audio should pass in bypass mode regardless of the state of the circuit.

So, if you're getting no audio in bypass, it must be the switch or a wire.