1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Broken Eden 115 XLT Cab. Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RaunchMister, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Hello yall! So I just bought a WT 550 and a Eden 115 XLT cab brand new from a guitar store. Never turned it up past half volume, 2 months of playing and the cab blew on me I am just wondering what happened lol. I do play with the horn completely off and treble almost off so I think maybe the 15 just couldnt handle it? but if thats true they never should have sold it to me. its a 4 ohm cab and its matched with the Eden 550 traveler pretube amp. thanks guys.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Cab blew? More description please.

Cab makes no sound.
    Cab makes distorted sound.
    Something else.

More details usually equals more replys.

=wr=

3. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Did you checkout the WT550 first?

4. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    Well, this cab only handles 300watts continuously (pay no attention to bogus manufacturer claims). Therefore, the head is more than capable of blowing the driver.

5. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    +1, the amp puts out 550 watts RMS into 4 ohms, capable of 1100 watt peaks, no matter where the volume knob is set. Like all amps, the "volume" knob only adjusts the signal strength needed to achieve peak power. The amp will produce peak power with the volume barely cracked open if you send it a powerful enough signal. Add enhance, bass EQ, slap or dig in and say goodbye to your speaker.

6. Nice that helps alot. To get the fat tone I want I was using some rather unorthodox EQ settings No treble no tweeter a few other things but gain was at 12 oclock. looks like im going to have to sell this beast or some poopie if it can only handle 300w Eden is weak for doing that.

7. And yeah its just buzzing no tone just buzz its totally shot and still under warrenty thank god I just dont know *** to do now once I get it back.

8. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Add another 115. Good luck, Bob

9. It's not the fault of the amp or the cabinet if you are asking too much of them. The physical position of the volume control has no connection to the output the amp is producing. I'll agree with Bob that you should add a second identical cabinet to share the load.

10. rlsuarezv

rlsuarezv Supporting Member

May 2, 2013
    Chile
    I you play with the horn shut off, you`re likely to blow it way faster than with the horn attenuator set all the way.

11. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I bet it was sounding great just before it fried the voice coil.

12. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Well, you're learning. The hard way.

13. Haha thats for sure and its a 4ohm cab so I cant really add another one looks like im going to have some research to do F my life lol 1900$ later and I dont have a rig to play.. lmao

14. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Return it under warranty and get two 8ohm cabs...and do it now. The actual speaker may only be warrantied for 90 days.

15. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    The WT550 will handle two 4 ohms cabs. It has always been able to handle a 2 ohm load, although the manufacturer recently began omitting that spec on the back of the amp. But two 8-ohm cabs would be my first choice since you may not always have the WT550 and most amps are limited to 4 ohms.

RaunchMister likes this.
  16. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I blew the same cab. That 15 isn't the most robust. Get the driver replaced and sell it. You need more speaker power for your unique tone goals.

RaunchMister likes this.
  17. Thanks alot guys for real. I dont want to go to 2ohms I still want it as clean as can be but yeah Ill probly just get 2x15s maybe even same ones only 8ohm so when I hook them together they can easily support the 500w load at 4ohm

18. I really like the eden tone but I think I might just build my own 18" cab and get a fatty driver for it throw some eden 2x10s on the top and call it good lol.

19. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx

Can that Eden head biamp? If not, you'd be further ahead with a pair of good 15's.

20. FYI - There is some science work and engineering involved in building your own. It is NOT as easy as buying a speaker and loading it in the box.