1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Broken Glass Removal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Sep 15, 2008.

1. How does one go about removing microscopic particles of broken glass from a living space?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    On the floor, or everything? What kind of materials are you picking it up from?

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I gather up a dozen kittens and infants, coat them in rubber cement, and send them into the space to be cleaned.

...Or maybe I use a powerful vacuum cleaner, and swab down any hard surfaces with damp paper towels.

4. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I bought a glass magnet from Home Depot. Only $87.

Totally worth it.

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I usually just walk around with bare feet until I don't get cut anymore. Works pretty well actually.

6. blueskid

blueskid

Sep 11, 2006
    washington, dc
    what's a glass magnet?

7. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Shop Vac with a fine dust bag, I'd say.

8. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Vacuum until you can't take it anymore, do it all over again. Sorry, but broken galss distributed over a large area ain't no quick or easy job. You also might want to visit your local auto body repair supply shop and pick up a few tack cloths, cloths that are mildly sticky, to wipe down those hard to reach areas and objects that may have also been hit with fine glass particles.

9. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Is this in any way related to taking on the college kids next door?