1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

broken input jack (?)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pandaman37, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pandaman37

pandaman37 Banned

Sep 17, 2009
    Clovis, CA
    ok so my OLP stingray, bought from ebay, the guy put an active pup in there and it sounded great and everything, but i rolled everything off just cos i didnt wanna waste the battery playing at home.
    but a couple weeks later, i plugged it in, and no sound came out. i know its not the cord, or the amp, but it may be the pup, but even then i think not because if i slap hard enough on the string, i can hear a popping noise through the amp, so im assuming the input jack is the problem.
    i suppose im asking a) if anyones had this problem or can tell if im wrong
    b) if i can fix the input jack by myself, or
    c) where i can get a new one (guessing online would be easy enough)

sorry for the horrible explanation, and thanks for any help.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    "Rolling everything off" doesn't turn off the preamp. The only thing that stops the battery from draining is if you unplug the cable from the bass, because the plug and the jack together act as a switch to turn the preamp on/off.

So your battery is dead--put a new one in.

3. OUTPUT jack.

4. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Sounds like a dead battery. Unplugging when not in use is the only way to turn the preamp off. As said, rolling everything off does nothing. It's like turning down the volume knob on your amp, but leaving it turned on.

And +1 on the "output jack"

5. pandaman37

pandaman37 Banned

Sep 17, 2009
    Clovis, CA
    sorry for all the mistakes haha, feel like an idiot.
    and thanks a lot.